Gerda Claeskens Professor of Statistics
gerda.claeskens at kuleuven dot be
New: Workshop "Model Selection, Nonparametrics and Dependence Modeling", July 8-9, Rennes, France
* Jean-Marc Freyermuth
* Ali Charkhi (research ongoing).
Pircalabelu (research ongoing).
* Kukatharmini Tharmaratnam, obtained her PhD degree on July 4, 2011, "Robust estimation and model selection in semiparametric regression models".
* Leen Slaets, obtained her PhD degree on May 26, 2011, "Analyzing phase and amplitude variation of functional data".
* Fabrizio Consentino, obtained his PhD degree on 27 April 2009, "Modelling the missingness: estimation, testing and model selection".
* Johan Van Kerckhoven (co-advised with C. Croux), graduated 17 Jan. 2008. "Predictive modelliong: variable selection and classification efficiencies".
If you are interested in obtaining a PhD with a statistical topic such as model selection, nonparametric estimation, goodness-of-fit tests,... please contact me.
Associate editor of:
* Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference( 2012-)
* Guest editor for Computational Statistics and Data Analysis(2011-2012), special issue on Model Selection.
* The Annals of Statistics (2013-)
breaking paper in
the field of Mathematics: Frequentist
Model Averaging, JASA 2003 (Hjort
paper belongs to the top 1% of papers in the field and received the
largest percentage increase in citations. For more information and a
short interview, see the Thomson ISI essential science indicators website.