Frits C.R. Spieksma
Prof. dr. Frits C.R. Spieksma
Faculty of Business and Economics
Naamsestraat 69, 3000 Leuven
Telephone: +32 16 326976
Fax: +32 16 326624
Secretary: Nicole Meesters (+32 16 326745)
E-mail: frits dot spieksma at kuleuven dot be
- Master of Econometrics from the University of Groningen (1987).
- PhD in Operations Research from Maastricht University (1992).
Operations research, especially combinatorial
optimization problems and applications thereof. Within this field I am particularly interested in:
- various scheduling and clustering problems (especially sport scheduling), and
- (multi index) assignment and transportation problems, and
- practical combinatorial auctions, and
- computational revealed preference.
Optimization: Special Topics
Toepassingen van Operationeel Onderzoek
Op zoek naar een thesisonderwerp? Klik hier!
I have supervised the following doctoral students:
Editorial Activities and Conferences
- Associate Editor of Operations Research Letters (2008-present, book review: 2003-2008)
- Editorial Board member of Computers and Operations Research (1994-present)
- Editorial Board member of IIE Transactions (1998-present)
- Associate Editor of Naval Research Logistics (2002-2004)
- In June 2013, we organized a conference in Leuven: the fourth International Conference on Mathematics in Sport. Check out:
- Involved in organization of ORBEL2009 in Leuven.
- I participated in a European project on approximation and on-line algorithms,
Here is information concerning a workshop I organized (Friday, November 8 and
Saturday, November 9):
De optimale tennisopstelling: tennisopstelling
Comments and suggestions are welcome: Frits Spieksma